Play the F.O.O.L. Mar 6, 2017 13:31:52 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Mar 6, 2017 13:31:52 GMT -5
We are coming into PRIME CACHING SEASON here in the Carolinas. What better way to spend Fall than with a GCGC contest doing what you like to do in your spare time - CACHING!?!? This contest runs from September 1 - November 30.
Not only will you earn GCGC Points, but you can also earn a Trackable!
Here's how it works:
THE EASY RULES:
- Every 8 days a new caching goal will be announced, like "Find a cache beginning with the letter "O""
- You may submit ONLY ONE CACHE for each goal.
- You have 8 days to complete the goal after announcement.
- You get points for finding the a cache that meets the goal AND for how big a F.O.O.L. you are.
- Reply below with your entry including a link to the cache you found that complete the goal, as well as the Hidden date and Last Found date.
Your Entry should look like:
Off Your Horse - North Lake (http://coord.info/GC1RYQ7)
Last Found 7/14/15
POINTS AND SCORING:
- 1 Contest Point for completing a goal.
- BONUS CONTEST points are awarded as below, based on how big a F.O.O.L. you are for every goal :
1: "F" - Being the FIRST to log the goal as complete by finding a fitting cache (only 1 participant can get this bonus)
1: "O" - Being the ONLY person claiming a certain cache that fits the goal (any participant can get this bonus)
1: "O" - Finding the OLDEST cache that fits the goal (any participant can get this bonus)
1: "L" - Finding the LONLIEST cache that fits the goal (only 1 participant can get this bonus).
- Only the best Players will be a weekly "TOTAL FOOL" : the first and only finder of the oldest, loneliest cache worth 4 bonus points (a TOTAL FOOL). A TOTAL FOOL will earn ONE ADDITIONAL COIN CHANCE.
- All Participants in the contest get ONE COIN CHANCE
- Contest winner (person(s) with most points at the end of the contest) gets THREE ADDITIONAL COIN CHANCES
- Second Place (person(s) with 2nd most points at the end of the contest) gets TWO ADDITIONAL COIN CHANCES
- Third Place (person(s) with 3rd most points at the end of the contest) gets ONE ADDITIONAL COIN CHANCE
- Any cacher(s) that complete ALL GOALS get ONE ADDITIONAL COIN CHANCE
- Also, you get 1 GCGC Point (for MOTY and GCGC cred) every time you complete a goal.
- If you are not computer savvy enough to link to the cache(s) you found, just list the name. That'll work for me.
- Obviously, the cache you find to complete the Goal needs to be a new find for you.
- A qualified Lackey will review all entries to make sure that your submission met all goal requirements. If it did not, your entry will be deleted and you will be notified why it did not meet requirements.
- We will be tracking Play the F.O.O.L. points, as well as Coin Chances.
- When you complete a week's goal, you will get one Play the F.O.O.L. Contest Point, as well as a GCGC Point that counts toward MOTY 2015.
- The Cache you use to complete the goal MUST be in "GCGC" Territory (see the map in our logo: Mecklenberg, Iredell, Catawba, Lincoln, Gaston, Cleveland, Union, Anson, Stanly, Cabarrus, Rowan in NC, and Cherokee, York, Chester, Lancaster, and Chesterfield in SC).
- FIRST: The "First" completer of the goal will be the cacher that first lists their find directly under the goal announcement in this forum topic thread (and does not change their entry - see below).
- You may change your goal-completing cache should you find another qualifying cache during the 8-day find period for any reason. HOWEVER, YOUR STATUS AS "FIRST" WILL CHANGE if other cacher(s) found a goal-completing cache after your first post, before your edit. The "edited" timestamp under your entry will serve as the deciding factor in the "First" entry.
- OLDEST: will be determined by "Hidden Date" of the cache below the name of the cache on the cache page.
- ONLY: If a certain cache is claimed by JUST ONE PARTICIPATING CACHER during the find period for a certain goal, that cacher is the "ONLY" finder. The cache you claim to complete the goal can't be claimed by another contestant for completion of the goal. Your cache CAN be found by others if they don't use it to participate in the contest.
- LONELIEST: will be determined by "LAST FOUND" date of the cache. We will use the logs in order as seen on the cache page. The find date DIRECTLY BELOW YOUR FIND DATE will be used to determine the Loneliest cache (not found the longest period of time). Even if you cache in a group, only the group member directly above the oldest find will get credit for finding the "Loneliest" cache.
- EVERY participant that completes at least ONE GOAL will get one Coin Chance at free geocoin.
- Goal-completing caches MUST be on www.geocaching.com, unless otherwise specified by the qualified Lackey announcing the goal.
- Please log your goal-completing cache HERE within a reasonable time after your find and log on the geocaching website. PREFERABLY IMMEDIATELY after your cache log. Entries MUST BE RECEIVED THE SAME DAY as the geocaching log.
- Should there be a tie atop the Play The Fool scoreboard for the top 3, all cachers at that position will get the corresponding coin chances.
- At the end of the contest, we will draw cards based off the Coin Chances to determine the coin winner.
- This contest runs until November 30, 2015. The active announced goal will end (no matter how many days from announcement) at Midnight on November 30.
- The drawing for the Coin winner will occur after the contest is over, whenever there are two or more GCGC Lackeys together to do the drawing, preferably at a GCGC event.
HAVE FUN, AND GO GEOCACHING!
THIS TOPIC IS FOR CONTEST ENTRIES ONLY. Please comment in the "Play the F.O.O.L. Relay - Comments" topic.