Lonely Cache Mar 6, 2017 13:34:17 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Mar 6, 2017 13:34:17 GMT -5
- Every MONDAY, I will announce a month AT RANDOM. I will use www.random.org's random number generator to pick the month (1-12). There won't be any duplicate months - we only have 9 weeks!
- Your job is to find a cache LAST FOUND in that month (based on online logs). ANY YEAR that month.
- Reply below with your entry (before Midnight Sunday) hopefully including a link to the cache(s) you found. MAKE SURE TO LIST THE LAST FOUND DATE IN YOUR ENTRY!
- You find a cache last found in the announced month, you get a GCGC point.
- You will earn a COIN CHANCE if you find the Loneliest Cache (last found the longest time ago) last found in the target month.
- Only caches listed on www.geocaching.com and www.opencaching.us count for this contest.
- Your "Found It" log MUST BE THE NEXT "Found It" log ON THE CACHE PAGE ONLINE directly after the last find on the selected month in order for your find to count.
- Groups of cachers cannot claim the same lonely cache. The online logs will be used to determine who gets the credit for the find. Again, only the first logger after the last find on the selected month will count. Choose wisely who logs first!
- If you are not computer savvy enough to link to the cache(s) you found, just list the name. That'll work for me.
- There is no bonus for finding multiple caches that meet the "last found month" criteria. You only need one!
- I will be tracking Lonely Cache contest points, as well as Coin Chances.
- GCGC Points count toward MOTY 2014.
- EVERY participant will get one Coin Chance at free geocoin at the end of the contest.
- You may "update" your cache entry should you find a "lonelier" cache than your previous entry - just edit your entry
- At the end of the contest, we will draw cards based off the Coin Chances to determine the coin winner.
- This contest runs until October 31, 2014.
- The drawing for the Coin winner will occur after the contest is over, whenever there are more two or GCGC Lackeys together to do the drawing, preferably at a GCGC event.
- Only caches you have not found before count for this contest.
- Please post your entry here a reasonable time after you find and log on the geocaching service. Please do not "sneak attack" with a winning entry at the last moment.
- GCGC Points earned count toward the "MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2014" contest.
It's time we fire up another famous GCGC relay/contest!
Not only will you earn GCGC Points, but you can also win a GCGC Geocoin!
Here's how it works:
THE EASY RULES:
YET MORE RULES:
Here's one way to find lonely caches last found in the target month:
* Go to YOUR PROFILE>QUICK VIEW. Then, over on the right side, Click Search for Geocaches NEAR YOUR HOME LOCATION
* Click the LAST FOUND title in the grid of caches that comes up. This will sort the caches by last found date. The most recently found cache will show up.
* Click LAST FOUND again to sort it to show the loneliest cache first.
* Flip through the pages < Prev << <[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]> >> Next > to find the month you need.
* Just click "THE LATEST LOGS" in the "MAIN MENU" on the left side of the page.
* Page through the results to find the month you need.
I know there are other ways, and even fancy programs to do this hunt for you (GSAK-esque programs). But, if you are low-tech like me, the above methods will work.
HAVE FUN, PARTICIPATE, AND GO GEOCACHING!