Geo-Lotto Mar 6, 2017 13:30:30 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Mar 6, 2017 13:30:30 GMT -5
Here's how it works: Find up to three caches each week and list them below, with their GC or OU number. The last number in the code of each cache, whatever it is, counts as your lottery number. Every Sunday Evening, we compare your three lottery numbers to the NC Education Lottery numbers (Carolina Pick 3) for Sunday Evening. You get points for every number you match - any order. Coin chances are given out to all participants, and you might hit the lottery by winning a geo-coin!
THE EASY RULES:
- This contest runs until Sunday Evening, MARCH 27.
- This contest runs weekly, Sunday Evening to Sunday Evening.
- Find up to three caches (one, two, or three, although three would be an advantage to you) per week and list them in this thread.
- Only caches listed on www.geocaching.com and www.opencaching.us (that you have not previously found) count for this contest.
- Make sure to list the cache code (starting with GC or OU) for each cache you find each week.
- The LAST number in the cache code for each cache entered is/are your Lottery Number/s
- Should you find a cache without a number in the cache code, that will serve as a "Wildcard" entry (guaranteed one match)
- Only ONE "Wildcard" number can be played each week.
- Your entries MUST be listed on a reply to this thread AND NOT EDITED ANYTIME after the Sunday Evening "Carolina Pick 3" numbers are chosen.
- You may change any of your entries as many times as you want PRIOR to the Lottery Numbers being announced.
- You match a number of the THREE ANNOUNCED Numbers (in any order) in the SUNDAY EVENING drawing of the "CAROLINA PICK 3", and you get Coin Chances per the below...
- NO MATCH = 1 Coin Chance
- ONE MATCH = 5 Coin Chance
- TWO MATCHES = 15 Coin Chances
- THREE MATCHES = 50 Coin Chances
- THREE MATCHES LISTED IN ORDER = 100 Coin Chance Bonus (150 total)
NOTE: There may be a "Double Draw" for the lotto. In that case, SIX numbers are drawn. You can match any of the six in any order. To hit a 100-point bonus, you must match one of the sets of three drawn in order.
- At the end of the contest, we will use the lotto based off the Coin Chances to determine the coin winner.
Here's how we'll do it (since we were using Carolina Pick 3 anyway for the contest):
You will be assigned numbers based on your coin chances earned throughout the contest.
We'll start with the MONDAY DAY DRAW on www.nc-educationlottery.org/pick3.aspx on a Monday after the contest is over (4/4/16 in this case).
If the lotto number matches one of your assigned numbers, YOU WIN THE COIN!
If Monday's "DAY" draw is above 682 (if nobody's number was drawn), we'll move on to the next draw, which will be Monday's "EVENING" draw and so forth. If there is more than one draw (a "DOUBLE DRAW"), the draw will not count for the coin giveaway and we'll move on to the next draw.
Please enter ONLY ONE REPLY PER WEEK below if you are participating. Edit your response when you find more caches to enter into this contest.
Please format your entry like below:
Please just copy and modify the below for uniformity.
Here's my entry:
Cachesperiment #9 (http://coord.info/GC680F2)
The Lost Cause (http://coord.info/GC16M4V)
Live Music Exchange - OU058F (http://www.opencaching.us/viewcache.php?cacheid=1423)
LOTTERY NUMBERS: 2, 4, 8
We'll do all the work. Sometime after the Sunday Evening Lotto numbers are drawn, a lacky will score everyone.
For example, based on the entry above (with Entry Numbers 2,4,8) , if lottery numbers drawn for Carolina Pick 3 were 8, 7, 4, the COIN CHANCES awarded will be 15 because of two matches.
Every entry can only count for one match. So, if the lottery number were 8,8,6, the COIN CHANCES awarded will be 5.
Should you happen to list the three numbers in the EXACT ORDER as the Carolina Pick 3 on Sunday Evening, you will get 100 more points. The order can be in any order you wish (does not have to be in your find order).
**Remember, you do NOT need to enter three caches each week, only one is needed to play (but three entries obviously help your chances**
Let us know if you have any questions in the "GEO-LOTTO COMMENTS" thread![/list]