A to Z Challenge Mar 6, 2017 13:36:53 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Mar 6, 2017 13:36:53 GMT -5
This is the last contest of the year, and your last chance to earn coveted GCGC Points (besides attending events) before the "Member of the Year" is awarded November 1!
This contest runs ONLY TWO MONTHS, through SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER, ending at midnight Halloween night!
This contest is easy, and you will earn points doing what you like to do... caching!
Not only will you earn GCGC Points, but you can earn a Trackable if you win!
Here's how it works:
THE EASY RULES:
- Your goal is to find as many caches as you can owned by REGISTERED GCGCers whose name starts with different letters...
- You get a GCGC point for every letter you find
- Reply below with your entry ONE TIME when you find your first cache, then EDIT it as you need throughout the contest to update your finds. Only ONE reply (edited many times) per participant should be below.
- If you are computer savvy enough to list the GC link to the cache you found, that would be nice. If not, just list the name. That'll work for me.
- Please post your finds here within a day of the actual find so we all know how everyone is doing... we don't want someone bombing in on Halloween day with all their finds from the last two months.
- Please follow the example below to list your finds:
Please remember to edit your entry as you find more owner letters.
THE FINE PRINT:
- The list of REGISTERED GCGCers is at the top of the website, in the members dropdown, or RIGHT HERE
- Only NEW finds for you count... don't go back through your history to find different owners. Your finds need to happen during this contest in September and October, and should be listed here within a day of your find to "count".
- If the owner of the cache you find does not match the registered GCGCer, but there is an obvious link, please note that in your A to Z list why you have that cache for that letter... ie ... say you found "The Book of the Dead" by "Pharaohpaint"... you can list that as a "T" or "P" find, as we all know "Pharaohpaint" is really "Therapaint". Another example would be a case like where "fgarvin" is the registered GCGCer, and "garvinator" is the geocaching handle. If you find a cache by him, that would count as EITHER a "F" find or a "G" find.
- Caches can only appear once on your list. Do not use the above rule to justify different letters for one find.
- Any type of cache (traditional, mutli, puzzle, event) on any caching-related site (opencaching.us, opencaching.com, munzee, etc) will count... that's for you, TermiteHunter!
- NASCAR3nut has graciously offered to award the winner of this contest (the cacher with the most letters found) an UNACTIVATED Traveler. Should there be more than one cacher with the most number of letters found, a random card drawing will be held to determine the winner.
- Periodically, I will post a scoreboard to show contest leaders!
PLEASE ONLY POST CONTEST ENTRIES ON THIS THREAD. POST QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC ON THE "A to Z CHALLENGE COMMENTS" THREAD! thanks.
A to Z Challenge.bmp (145.88 KB)