The Great Cachesperiment Mar 6, 2017 14:00:24 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Mar 6, 2017 14:00:24 GMT -5
This will be an easy one for everyone to participate in and gain some insight in what type of location provides the most finds.
We at the GCGC will provide you with most of the materials needed to participate in the Cachesperiment. All you need to do is get the container and select the location that you believe will garner the most finds. Sit back and watch.
The simple rules
1) Get one of the uniform containers from one of the 5 dead drop locations
2) Select and place the container at your chosen location
3) Submit the uniform cache page (provided by the GCGC)
4) Sit back and watch the find logs roll in.
How to Participate
Go to one of the dead drop locations listed below and pick up one of the uniform containers hidden in the typical manner under a lamp post from now until Dec 25th
You will need to add a log to the container as it will be empty when you find it.
Select a location based on the Realtor mantra of LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. What location do you think will get the most finds during the Cachesperiment?
Hide the cache in any manner you see fit within the rules.
Submit the cache for publication between Christmas eve (Dec 24th) and Jan 1 using the uniform cache page design that will be provided by the GCGC. You will need to select the difficulty and terrain ratings based on the actual hide.
The Detailed Rules
1) The container must be one of the uniform containers picked up at one of the dead drop sites. Only one container per participant.
2) No modification of the container is permitted (including painting, taping, gluing, camo or any alteration whatsoever)
3) On the under side of the lid is a random number (from the total number of containers)
The name of the cache shall be: Cachesperiment # (the number under the lid)
4) Hide the cache at a location you expect to get the most finds from
5) Submit the cache between the evening of Dec 24th and Jan 1 with the name specified above, appropriate D&T ratings for your hide and the uniform cache page description provided by the GCGC. Hints may be added at your discretion. The type of hide is also your choice but remember we are trying to get the most hides based on the location. Caches submitted or published after the Jan 1 deadline are acceptable but placed at an obvious disadvantage.
6) No promotion of the cache is permitted on any social media or by any manner from the CO.
7) Take it easy. Enjoy the Holidays and watch the caches in the Cachesperiment as they are found from Dec 25th - Feb 29th.
The Cachesperiment ends Feb 29 @ 11:59 pm with the winner being the cache that has the most finds from Dec 25th 12:00 am - Feb 29th 11:59. Find logs posted before or after the contest period will not be counted. Find logs submitted after the official count, March 1, will not be added.*
8)The cache may be cross listed on other sites but only Geocaching.com finds will count towards the total number of finds.
8) * In the event of a tie: The contest will be extended 1 week (to the next Tue morning app 8:00 am) Finds will be tallied by the game master announcing a winner or if a tie is still in place, another week extension of the contest. All entries will be counted (not just the initially tied entrants)
*rules subject to change or clarification
Dead Drop Sites
I77 & Harris Blvd Northlake Mall (Belks) 0
City Center Target & BJ's (Upper Parking Deck) 2
I 85 Concord Mills Mall (Best Buy / Outdoor World Bass Pro)3
485 & Idlewild Rd (Harris Teeter) 6 None Remaining, choose another
I77 & Carowinds (Cabelas) 3
I have a few extra containers to replenish any dead drop location that runs low. Let us know where you picked up your container so we can keep track of those that need more.
The Uniform cache page will be posted here at a later date